Aeronauts from the Vlaskov Kommonwealth and Victory Empire, respectively, are responsible for the launch codes to the super weapons of their rival nations. High above the planet’s surface, each crew member wields an integral function of the space station Samovar V (Gravity and Rotation), and attempt to wrest control of the fate of humankind by jettisoning their opponent into the upper atmosphere.
Our first Ludum Dare entry, where you had to crate a game in under 48 hours. The theme was “Unconventional Weapons”. The unconventional weapon? The control of the gravity and/or rotation of the ship of course! You and your opponent are trying to smack each other violently against the wall by switching up the gravity or rotating the very metallic floor under their feet. The game was featured in several categories and ranked in the top 300 overall.
- The goal: Have a higher kill count than your opponent before the timer runs out. Debris, electricity, saw blades and more can kill you!
Gameplay Trailer — YouTube
Livestream Video — YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Mutiny on Samovar. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Ludum Dare 32: Top 100 in the Audio Category." 12 May, 2015
- "Ludum Dare 32: Top 200 in the Mood Category." 12 May, 2015
- "Ludum Dare 32: Top 200 in the Innovation Category." 12 May, 2015
- "Ludum Dare 32: Top 300 in the Theme Category." 12 May, 2015
- "Ludum Dare 32: Top 300 Overall." 12 May, 2015
Wow, really great level of polish on this one. Beautiful graphics and great audio. The core mechanic is hilarious, too. Great work!Pat Kemp, Ludum Dare Comment
This is really clever and just artistically pleasing to look at. I love the scanline/tube tv effect (had to use a larger screen/resolution), and the music is really immersive.Corgi Commander, Ludum Dare Comment
5/5 Best entry I've seen so far. Excellent job with graphics and mood, and I loved the interpretation of the theme. Very original and polished stuff. Would definitely rape my friends in this on consoles. Also lost my shit at the turtle song :DVvolis, Ludum Dare Comment
Awesome music and general vibe. Like the clever rotation/gravity mechanic too.Master of Nan, Ludum Dare Comment
- Gamejam Website
- Check it out at fabraz.com.
- Fabraz is an indie game dev studio based in New York drawing from minds and talent found across the world. Our expansive teams are behind critical darling Slime-san, which was featured acrossed several platforms, and we are currently working on Demon Turf! Fabraz also publishes indie gems such as Skellboy and SpiritSphere DX to the Nintendo Switch. Several of our team members are part of the NYU Game Center Incubator, Games 4 Change, Playcrafting and even Forbes 30 under 30! If you want games that are chock full of humor and charm, you've found the right place!
- More information
- More information on Fabraz, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Mutiny on Samovar Credits
- Fabian Rastorfer
- Lead and Artist
- Ben Miller
- Lead and Programmer
- Petey Petersen
- Writer and Voice Actor